Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Blahs

The struggle of all disciples of Christ: “God’s in my world (or soul) and so is blah and blah and blah and blah. I wish one of the blah’s weren’t there. Then there would be more room for God and for me to concentrate on Him.”

But the times when I actively invite God Jesus the Spirit into ALL of it, interesting things happen. It coalesces, sometimes changes happen instantly (and sometimes they require a new campaign of metanoia, repentant action), I don’t feel so bad about myself.

Then the wheel turns and I shoulder him out of it again and on it goes.

We compartmentalise things constantly; it’s a human predisposition: maybe if we saw that we can't actually shoulder God out. Once we're His, we're His and He's always loving, always prodding, always challenging, always providing ... maybe we'd get over ourselves and just live with Him...

No comments: